Protecting your information
We will never sell, rent or loan personal information, all data held by SCS is covered by the UK’s Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018).
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We would release personal information only if we understood that this would be required to comply with the law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of employees of the SCS, its agents and others.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Examinations –To enable examinations to take place where a third-party provider or agent is required to administer and/or invigilate the examinations and personal information and identification is required to authenticate a student. This may also require email addresses and telephone numbers to be provided to said agents only for this sole purpose.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you email notifications relating to SCS events and other events we believe may be of interest to you.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
If you are a student on the Distance Learning Course, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Updating information – Current DLC Students
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Updating information – Ex-DLC Students